March 10, 2011

Under My Skin

On a trip to the dermatologist today, I came across a lot of things that... get under my skin.  Pun intended.  :-P

I walked into the office and got in line to check in.  There was a lady in front of me checking in.  Totally cool.  I got the afternoon off of work and was in no rush.  Then another lady (with frizzy hair, if that helps your mental picture) walked in and got in line.  But she was totally not cool with waiting.  Apparently too special to wait in line, she walked through a door that read "Do Not Enter" and went over to the check-OUT counter to check in.  Way to go lady.  The whole waiting room is staring in your general direction and is most likely shaming you with their thoughts.

After checking in, I sat down close to an elderly couple.  Immediately, the wife looks at me and then leans over to whisper something in her husband's ear.  I was wearing my scrubs and I didn't exactly do my hair this morning but I had no idea what she could possibly whispering to her husband about me.  I pulled out my phone to check a few things and when I looked up, she was staring at me again and leaned in to whisper something else to her husband.  Um... Hello?  I'm sitting two chairs away from you.  I can totally see you talking about me.  So, I got up and moved across the room.

And then, a hooker walked in!  Okay, she wasn't a hooker (or was she?) but she was definitely dressed like one.  She was wearing a black tube top and mini skirt with a belted, lime-green coat that went down to about mid-thigh.  So, if you saw her from behind, you would think to yourself, "Is that lady wearing pants?!"  And to top it off she had black heeled boots that went up to her knees.  Oh, and she was NOT attractive which made it even worse.  Again, the entire waiting room was staring in her general direction, most likely thinking, "Slut."  She checked in and sat down next to me.  I would take her over Gossiping Grandma any day.  In her defense, the lime-green coat would have been super cute with jeans.

I finally got called back and they put me in a room and told me change into a gown.  In Georgia, they have paper gowns instead of cloth gowns.  I never knew how much I took those cloth gowns for granted.  Paper gowns are the worst.  So uncomfortable.  So I put it on and sat down in the chair.  You would think that they would keep their rooms (in which they put half-naked people) at a comfortable temperature.  But no.  It was freezing.  And those paper gowns do not aid in keeping you warm.

It was an interesting trip to the dermatologist for sure.  After the removal of a suspicious looking mole on my back (ouch!), I was finally able to leave and enjoy the rest of my afternoon off.  I just watched the Survivor episode that I missed last night.  So awesome!  Ah... I think every Thursday should be a half-day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment